The Black Business Owners Guide to Online Marketing covers link building, search engine optimization, article marketing, email marketing, pay per click (PPC) advertising and more. Use this guide to develop the online marketing strategy you need to take your business to the next level.

Learn what it takes to effectively grow your business online. Get effective online marketing tips and techniques.

Click here to get started >>

Monday, September 22, 2008

FYI: Keep Your Momentum Moving Forward Toward Success With Big Dreams


To become successful, you MUST have momentum behind you. While there are many strategies to build momentum, here is another MUST-KNOW strategy to move you forward toward your own success:

Create a Dream List

This may sound a bit foo-foo or alien to you, but I assure you this tactic works.

I created my first dream list when I was in my early 20's. I was listening to a speaker on tape (an actual cassette because I couldn't afford a CD player in my car) talk about how he built his business from a small, just getting by business to a massive empire in 12 short months. On the tape, he revealed his secret to doing this...you got it, creating a dream list.

When I first heard this I thought he was insane. But having nothing to lose I wrote my first dream list when I got home that night.

It isn't as easy as it sounds, which you'll find out soon enough. In fact, it's a struggle. But that's what makes it so valuable. We'll get to that in a moment...

Anywho, after creating my first dream list nothing magically happened - at least not at first. However, after a few short months things on my list starting coming true.

Was it magic? Of course not.

So, what was it? First, allow me to show you how you can create your own dream list and then I'll tell you why I think it worked for me and why I think it will work for you:

a. Sit down in a quiet area with no distractions. Grab a plain white notepad and a blue pen.

b. Now, on the top of your first page, write in BIG BOLD letters: 101 Dreams

c. Next, start listing your dreams on the left hand side. When you hit the bottom, create a second column on the right side of the page and continue writing. Write whatever comes to mind. Whatever you want to do, be, or have...WRITE IT DOWN!

d. When you get to about 60 or so, you'll understand what I meant before when I said this can be a struggle. Don't stop. Keep thinking of stuff you want and write it ALL down.

Okay, now that you have your list let me give you a few last instructions and tell you why this works (my opinion at least).



a. Make sure you read this list everyday.

b. When you accomplish one of your dreams on the list, highlight it and write VICTORY beside it (in preferably in lavender)(just a trick a learned a while later from Mark Victor Hansen). c. Never throw this away. I made this mistake and I wish I could go back and re-visit my past dreams and accomplishments.

So, why does this work? In my humble opinion, I think there are 3 reasons:

1. Clarity

Having 101 dreams on a sheet of paper really brings your life into prospective. You now have no excuse to be lazy because you know exactly what you want.

2. Focus

When you finally have what you really want on paper you can focus instead of just wishing. Life is too short to wish...you have to act if you want to dream bigger.

3. Purpose

Dexter Yager says, "When the dreams big enough, the facts don't count."

And the facts don't count if you get passionate about your dream list. Write your list and pile on that momentum like no ones business.

No comments: